This gingerbread recipe is perfect to make with kids, and to eat with the rest of the family at Christmas or any time you fancy. There's nothing quite as lovely as the smell of gingerbread filling your kitchen. These simple biscuits don't only taste amazing, but are also really easy to make, making them a great recipe for the little ones in the family too. Here's our foolproof gingerbread recipe ready for the snuggly season ahead!
Share with your friends
Availability: In stock
Earn 2Euros for writing a review for this product
Ingredients and Method
- Add butter, golden syrup and light brown sugar to a pan. Stir on a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Add flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger to a mixing bowl then stir together. Make a well in the centre and pour in the sugar and butter mixture.
- Stir together to form a dough (it might be easiest to use your hands).
- Wrap in clingfilm and let chill for 30mins to firm up.
- Lay the dough between two sheets of baking parchment. Press dough lightly with a rolling pin. Give a quarter turn than repeat.
- Give it a final quarter turn, then start to roll backwards and forwards, giving regular quarter turns. Until dough is roughly thickness of a £1 coin.
- Using a biscuit cutter cut out the shapes. Bake at 190°C (170°C fan) mark 5 for 10 to 12min, until lightly golden brown.
- The biscuits won't be firm but will harden when left to cool outside the oven.
Write Your Own Review